Schools Head of the River
Monday 12th March 2018
Entries are now closed. List of entries to follow shortly.
The event is run under British Rowing Rules with these special Conditions:
- All Participants in the race must be in full-time education in schools or sixth-form colleges, and must be 18 or younger on the day of the race.
- No composite entries are allowed or ‘flags of convenience’ crews.
- A significant aim of the Schools Head [taking place on a School day] is to promote rowing in schools and school Boat Clubs. Where possible, Schools should have first call on rowers who also row with clubs. Entries from clubs must indicate schools/sixth-form colleges attended, beside the name of each competitor, on the British rowing entry form.
- All competitors must have attained their 13th birthday.
- A club may only enter a 2nd or 3rd crew if a genuine first crew has been entered.
- It is a condition of entry that all those taking part are competent swimmers. The committee take every precaution to ensure the safety of competitors, but is not to be held responsible for accidents.
The fastest Eight will receive the Head Trophy and a pennant. All other winning crews receive pennants. Individual medals will be awarded to all members of winning crews. The second and third crews in Championship events will be awarded silver and bronze medals.
The Thames Team Trophy will be awarded to the school with the fastest aggregate time of any three eights.