May the 4th be with you
New event for Juniors to mark Star Wars Day - May the Fourth. Racing from the dark side to the light side and back? Costume optional.
Following the success of the Virtual edition of the Schools Head race this year, we have decided to offer a spring regatta preparation event to suit most stretches of water.
A twin speed test over two 1000 metre pieces with a quick turn interval to achieve the fairest comparative approximation of your 2K performance. Two legs on a still lake, with tide and punching against, Upstream – Downstream, Head wind – tail wind- all even? You try! Between 4-9th May 2021 Entries on BROE -with small entry fee to cover costs -any profits to the Rowing Foundation.
A Few Helpful guidelines:
- Row at least 2x1000m on the water in an any boat entry class and track your performance using a Smartphone + GPS Tracking App [e.g., Strava, GPS watch, or NK SpeedCoach with Training Pack.
Pieces must be done in opposite directions to create neutral conditions, with a MAXIMUM of 5 minutes rest in between.
- These two scores will be cumulative with the lowest TOTAL time being the winner.
- Record forward and return piece including turning around as one GPS recording.
- The return piece must be started within 5 minutes of finishing the forward piece.
- The start of the return piece must be within 400m of the finish of the forward piece.
- The finish of the return piece must be within 400m of the start of the forward piece.
- Once you have completed your performance, save your session and export your performance file (either a GPX, FIT., or .TCX file) to a computer.
- Submissions will be done through an email link sent directly from Time-Team to the email address used on BROE entry. You will receive this email within a few hours of registration. If you have not received your personal link, let me know via email@example.com and I will resend the link. The submission portal will open on May the Fourth and close 1800 on 9th May.
- Upload your session’s export to the Time-Team portal and confirm your submission. Results will be displayed on https://rowingtracker.com/.